Martin Frey's Just in Time Watch elements that pesky "mental dialogue" ~ NanoThoughts 1.0

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Martin Frey's Just in Time Watch elements that pesky "mental dialogue"

So, over at Engadget, they blogged about Martin Frey's Just in Time watch



"Looking at a conventional watch very often a "mental dialogue" happens:

* What time is it right now?
* When is my next appointment?
* Where does the appointment take place and how long does it take to get there from here?
* Thus, when should I leave?
* How much time is left till then? Should I leave now? Am I already too late?

These "on-the-fly" considerations and calculations are not only cumbersome but often very unprecise as well:

E.g. the necessary amount of time to cover the distance is estimated too optimistically or depends on irregular, external factors like timetable or traffic situation."


I wanna tell you something, ('bout Texas Radio and the Big Beat? nah, that's for later*) this "mental dialogue" that Martin refers to, well, it's called thinking. It's fun and I really enjoy it. Does that make me crazy?


* It comes out of the Virginia swamps, cool and slow with plenty of precision, with a back beat narrow and hard to master.

No comments: