Blogger Comment Word..... I mean String of Random Letters Verification ~ NanoThoughts 1.0

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Blogger Comment Word..... I mean String of Random Letters Verification

Blogger's Word Verification is a complete misnomer. I know it's to prevent comment spam, but could they at least make the funky looking letters spell a real word, instead of akjfdlauvo and qoeuizcxko?

According to American Heritage Dictionary, a word is defined as:

A sound or a combination of sounds, or its representation in writing or printing, that symbolizes and communicates a meaning and may consist of a single morpheme or of a combination of morphemes.


I hereby implore Blogger to either start using words for verification or to refer to it as String of Random Letters Verification, because that's what it is right now.

1 comment:

heatkernel said...

In group theory, particularly combinatorial group theory, a "word" is any string of letters in a fixed alphabet. Also in information theory. I'm guessing it can also be used in computer science in this sense. So sorry, but I think you're being too narrow-minded :P