Amazon.com and A9.com's Yellow Pages ~ NanoThoughts 1.0

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Amazon.com and A9.com's Yellow Pages

Matt posted over on PolySciFi Blog about Amazon.com Yellow Pages

This is an awesome service. It still has bugs, but a lot of potential. Case in point. I went to this club the other night in NYC: Amazon.com: Yellow Pages: Flow It has no signage whatsover. But this site shows you that it's on the corner next to the starbucks. We had a fun time finding that at night, let me tell you. Of course, ideally the car would've turned the corner, but like I said it's a little buggy. For those keeping score at home, this is where I had brunch on Sunday: Amazon.com: Yellow Pages: Life Cafe

I also noticed that "Some data provided by Acxiom, © 2005". Acxiom is the largest datamining company in the world.
You can find out more here: frontline: the persuaders: introduction | PBS

I can't wait til they digitally photograph Outer Mongolian Starbucks...

No comments: