I Love Bees Game a Surprise Hit ~ NanoThoughts 1.0

Monday, October 18, 2004

I Love Bees Game a Surprise Hit

Ok, at first I saw the title and thought it said "I Love Bee Gees a Surprise Hit" and I thought "hey, why should that be a surprise, the Bee Gees are cool." Then I started reading it and seeing how crazy everything is getting and amazed that people are so into these things, but then again, here I am wasting time blogging about it, so to each his own I guess. On page 2 I realized it's a marketing campaign for a video game that I've already pre-ordered (first time ever doing that), Halo 2. Does that mean I'm partly responsible for this? Reminds me Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind's Lacuna Inc. and AI's promotional web campaign, which is mentioned in the article. Need to do a post tying this together with RealDoll, BladeRunner, The Sims, Virtual Reality Tourism, etc. As for now, I'm off to erase my memories...

"The instant I went from Preston Thorne, trying to play a game and answering a bunch of telephones, to Lt. Weephun, crew member of the Apocalypso helping Melissa complete her mission, it was a huge epiphany, and it made the game a lot more fun," he said. "And if we had any direct communication with the Puppetmasters, it would be less fun."
I Love Bees Game a Surprise Hit

No comments: