Fox "News" Channel and The DNC ~ NanoThoughts 1.0

Thursday, July 29, 2004

Fox "News" Channel and The DNC

Here's a tip: one of the best ways to watch the Democratic national primary is to watch it on the Fox "news" channel. Especially for the after-speech reaction. It just makes the whole experience more interesting. Here's a good sample of what I saw last night:



John edwards "....thank you, good night, and God bless America!"

[applause -- music fades into Stevie Wonder's "Sir Duke"]

Fox pundit "well I think that was a very powerful speech. Now he said he was going to try to be positive and not make any ad hominym attacks, but on 3 separate occasions he attacked Geirge W. Bush directly. I don't think that kind of language has any place in politics." [etc.]

Other Fox idiot " well I agree with you.....uh...hmmm.....well apparently, the democrats have a plan......a....method in place to prevent any of the new correspondants from being heard after the speeches. What do we have going on down there??"

First idiot "looks like a rap group is blasting away down there on the stage. I'm being told it's the Black...Black Eyed something. Peas. Whatever they are, they are certainly interrupting our broadcast, so lets just let them play for a while and watch."

[cut away to shots of the black eyed peas, whose female singer, honestly, looks a little too angry for a semi-professional gathering such as the DNC. anyways, the camera shots are all of young democratic female capaign volunteers, all dancing and shaking it. Presumably supposed to enrage the old folks at home. Song eventually ends]

Fox 'Journalist' "Well, I think we can clearly see what they helped to lend to this occasion...they certainly spoke to a certain.....element...of the democratic party."

Next loser "yes. I think Kerry especially likes the positive message they have sent. Especially the part where they sing "ya-ya-ya-ya-ya" I think that really gets Kerry's point across to his constituents."

[all of the onscreen white republicans share a hearty guffaw]

Anchorman "...OK new they are playing another song down there, but the Black Eyed Peas are off the stage. They are playing something a little more well-known....a little more mainstream, something by the Isley Brothers. I think it's "you know you make me want to shout."

Others "yeah I recognize this one. Good song..."

3 comments:

Rog said...

Good points, Tad. That's awesome you typed up all their idiotic
comments. Did anybody see Michael Moore on the O'Reilly Factor? THat
was interesting seeing two propagandists go toe to toe with one
another.

Another thing about the convention coverage, on CNN right after
Edwards was done they went to reaction from a Republican campaign
manager and then Victoria Clarke, Rumsfeld's spokesperson at the
Pentagon.

Another thing was how former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
John Shalikashvili gives a speech and nobody really reports that the
former top military official in the US isn't backing Bush.

I also think it's awesome that Sharpton totally deviated from his
scripted and vetted speech. GLad that somebody decided to get fired
up.

Jody said...

Moore-O'Reilly transcript is on drudge.

Rog said...

Yeah, two PT Barnums going head to head, I love it.
These transcripts only capture 1% of what actually transpired. I hope there's a video feed somewhere.

This was a funny ending... and they did shake hands afterwards:

M: Where’s the recruiter?

O: You’d love to get rid of me.

M: No I don’t want—I want you to live. I want you to live.

O: I appreciate that. Michael Moore everybody. There he is…